Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Letter I sent to my former states's child support agency (redacted info originally included in letter)

To Whom it May Concern Within the State of XXXXXX,

I have recently received yet another ORDER/NOTICE TO WITHHOLD INCOME FOR SUPPORT from your fine state. It is with frustration that I am held in such a reduced state of opinion from my former home state. To be forced from the very beginning of my ex-wife's and my separation some years ago to have my wages garnished without due course at my ex-wife's mere request (although I'm certain she holds no bias toward me), is an insult at best and is highly unjust. Never, no, not once have I ever been given the opportunity to show my own willingness and ability to self-pay.

One look at my record of child-support payments during times of self-payment (due to job changes or periods of unemployment) should suffice to convince any rational person of reasonable intelligence that I faithfully do my children's due—even though I strongly disagree with the many imperfections of the rest of the child-support system.

For the parent (man or woman) who must pay child-support at least this much is certain: time spent with children is likely minimal, and is, at best, less than the other parent/guardian to whom child support is paid to. Therefore, the one who is paying the support is so much the loser as not only he loses time with children, but also pays for that time lost. It's an addition of insult to injury. To then allow an ex-spouse to forcefully dictate whether or not his/her ex's wages are garnished just furthers the injustice.

Understandably, wage garnishment is sometimes necessary. But it should be used only when the payor has shown unwillingness to pay. I have clearly not. Therefore I do hereby request that when the load becomes too much to bear and not bending over is too much to ask, I beg of you all, please, kiss my ass!


Yours truly,


XXXXX

Dedicated father of three


Address:
XXXXXXXX
XXXX, XX XXXXX


SSN: XXX-XX-XXXX

DOB: XX/XX/XX

CASE#: XXXXX

No comments: